After Chicago Sweep, Nashville Should Not Go Unnoticed

After Chicago Sweep, Nashville Should Not Go Unnoticed

iheke
2017 will forever be remembered as the playoffs without helsea Dagger.” Oh wait, something else happened? That right, the No. 8 seed Nashville Predators just swept the No. 1 seed Chicago Blackhawks, becoming the first professional sports franchise to ever accomplish such a feat. Il say that again. The Predators are the first 8-seed in professional sports to ever sweep a 1-seed. They also became just the second team in NHL history to sweep an opening-round series against a team with the best record in the conference. hen you start something you don sit there and plan a sweep,” Predators coach Peter Laviolette said. ou don sit there and plan a shutout. You plan a game plan to how you want to play and I thought our guys played really well. I thought they executed really well. We went into the series and knowing we were playing a real good team; we said all along that we really respect our opponent. Theye been a terrific team for a long time, they have real good players over there, theye well coached, and we knew we were going to have a lot on our hands.” This wasn just a sweep, it was a good ole’ fashioned butt kicking. I mean that quite literally; the Preds out-hit the Blackhawks 138-93. The Preds outscored the Blackhawks 13-3. Pekka Rinne saved 123 of the 126 shots he faced, holding Patrick Kane, Jonathan Toews and Artemi Panarin — and their combined 86 regular season goals — to just two goals in four games https://www.predatorsoutletshop.com/Mattias_Ekholm_Jersey-16. In fact, Rinne is arguably the hottest player in the playoffs. He is 4-0 with a .976 save-percentage, a 0.70 goals-against-average, two shutouts and two assists. He became just the fourth goalie since 1967-68 with four wins in a series with a goals-against-average of 0.70 or less, and the first since Tuuka Rask in 2013. t pretty good going 4-0 against Chicago,” Rinne said. bviously, that not me, but I feeling good. I felt confident throughout the series. I thought that games one and three especially were huge wins. Getting the first road game, the first game at home, then that overtime game, that was a big difference in this series. We were able to find a way to win a game every single night, so that speaks volumes of these guys.” Nashville has been traditionally known as a defensive-minded team https://www.predatorsoutletshop.com/Anthony_Bitetto_Jersey-25. They have never had an offense quite like this one. The Preds are a team nobody wants to see right now because of the four legitimate scoring lines they possess.Nashville top line flat out harassed the Chicago defense. Forsberg, Johansen and Arvidsson racked up 16 points in four games, followed by the Zolnierczyk-Fisher-Watson line with 2 points, the Fiala-Jarnkrok-Neal line with 4 points and the Aberg-Sissons-Smith line with 6 points. And I not even mentioning the three goals and 10 points that came from the defensemen.