Carolina Panthers Elite Jerseys

huangjian123
GLENDALE Jonathan Huberdeau Jersey , Ariz. (AP) — Chandler Jones had an All-Pro season as an outside linebacker in 2017, leading the NFL in tackles with an Arizona Cardinals franchise-record 17.

Now he’s a defensive end, a position that could mean even more trouble for opposing quarterbacks. His only duties: set the edge to stop the run or get to the quarterback, something Jones does with a vengeance.

There’s a viral video of Jones wreaking severe damage on a blocking sled earlier in camp.

“Just too powerful” he explained.

But there’s more than power to the 6-foot-5, 265-pound Jones’ game.

“The guy has great length, good speed off the ball,” Cardinals coach Steve Wilks said. “He has that sliver technique to be able to get around the edge of the tackles, and he’s physical. He can turn that speed into power and create some momentum getting back to the quarterback. He has it all, and hopefully we can continue to build on what he had last year.”

Jones came to the Cardinals from New England in March of 2016 in a trade that sent a second-round draft pick and guard Jonathan Cooper to the Patriots. Because the Cardinals played a 3-4 defense under coach Bruce Arians, Jones had to learn to drop back in pass coverage as well as rush the passer and try to stop the run.

He handled the transition well.

Jones had 11 sacks and four forced fumbles in 2016 and, in March of last year, signed a five-year, $82.5 million contract that offseason, with $53 million guaranteed.

In the 2017 season, Jones lived up to those big numbers. Not only did he lead the league in sacks but also in tackles for loss with 28, well ahead of the second-best performance, 21 by Houston’s Jadeveon Clowney.

“I feel like if you want to be labeled an elite defensive end Chris Wormley Jersey , you can’t be just a pass rusher,” Jones said. “You have to be good on all cylinders and definitely setting the edge and defeating the run is one of them. That’s one thing I tried to take pride in last season and hopefully I can carry that forward to this season.”

Now 28 and entering his seventh NFL season, Jones wants more.

His goal, he said, is to do “better than I did last year.”

“There’s never a perfect season,” Jones said. “I can sit here and tell you a handful of plays that I left out there last season and hopefully I can capitalize this year.”

With Arians’ retirement and the arrival of Wilks, Jones is moving back to the 4-3 defense that he played with the Patriots. It means going back to a three-point stance instead of standing up as an outside linebacker.

“It’s not that hard,” he said. “You just have different terminology. You attack offenses different, but it’s not that big of a difference honestly.”

Wilks agrees.

“He hasn’t had a problem with that at all,” he said. “You go look back at some of the things he’s done in the past. He’s put his hand on the ground before.”

Jones likes the new defense.

“I feel like guys are flying around a lot more,” he said. “There’s less thinking. There’s one-gap assignments and everyone is flying to the ball.”

Jones will get some edge-rushing help from the return of Markus Golden, who had a team-high 12 1/2 sacks in 2016 but played in just four games a year ago before a season-ending knee injury. Golden is on the physically unable to perform list but could be back before the season begins.

“Markus is a vocal leader,” Jones said. “He’s a guy that you can feel his presence out there but not by just his game play. I’m excited to have him back he’s a ‘hoorah’ guy and a hell of a player on top of that.”

Meanwhile, Jones and left tackle D.J. Humphries have had some spirited battles already in training camp as Wilks encouraged physical play. Humphries is lucky to have the practice, Jones said.

“I told D.J. yesterday, ‘You know what? You’ll never go against someone in a game that’s like me’ and I say that proudly because there’s not a lot of guys that do the moves that I do. I told D.J., ‘If you can stop me on a consistent basis Authentic Dougie Hamilton Jersey , you’ll be fine.'”

Notes: Wilks said LB an MRI on LB Deone Bucannon’s knee showed no structural damage and the player’s availability in training camp would be evaluated “day to day.” Bucannon banged his knee against WR Brice Butler’s helmet on Thursday. … Several thousand people attended the team’s “Red and White Practice” on Saturday.

Kyle Turris scored the only goal in the shootout to lift the Nashville Predators over the Minnesota Wild 2-1 Tuesday night to snap a three-game skid.

The win clinched the Predators home-ice advantage for the first round of the playoffs. They also moved three points ahead of Tampa Bay in the chase for the Presidents’ Trophy and home-ice advantage throughout the playoffs.

Roman Josi scored for Nashville, and Pekka Rinne made 22 saves.

Rinne turned away Nino Niederreiter in the shootout. Zach Parise’s attempt went wide left, and Rinne stopped Mikko Koivu to clinch it.

Eric Staal tied it for Minnesota with 3:15 left on his 40th goal this season.

Devan Dubnyk made 28 saves as Minnesota snapped a five-game point streak. The Wild still won the season series against Nashville, 3-2.

JETS 5, BRUINS 4, SO

WINNIPEG, Manitoba (AP) – Patrik Laine scored the deciding goal in the shootout, Brandon Tanev had his first career hat trick and Winnipeg beat Boston to cap a perfect six-game homestand.

Joe Morrow had his first goal for Winnipeg since being acquired from Montreal last month, and sixth of the season. Adam Lowry had two assists.

Ryan Donato, Danton Heinen, David Pastrnak and Torey Krug had goals for the Bruins, who scored three power-play goals. Krug added one assist and Brad Marchand had two.

Connor Hellebuyck made 28 saves to pick up his 40th win for the Jets. It was also their seventh straight victory at home.

Anton Khudobin also stopped 28 shots as Boston ended a four-game road trip 2-0-2.

CANUCKS 4, DUCKS 1

VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) – Brandon Sutter had two goals and an assist to lift Vancouver.

Alex Biega got his first goal in over three years, and Sam Gagner also scored for Vancouver, which has won three of four since losing seven straight. Jacob Markstrom stopped 23 shots.

Andrew Cogliano scored for the Ducks, who wrapped a four-game trip and are on a 5-1-1 stretch.

The loss dropped Anaheim into a tie with the Los Angeles Kings for third in the Pacific Division Corey Perry Jersey , though the Kings have a game in hand. The teams play Friday night.

BLUES 3, SHARKS 2, OT

ST. LOUIS (AP) – Vladimir Tarasenko scored his second goal of the game in overtime to lift St. Louis over San Jose.

Tarasenko got a pass from Vladimir Sobotka and tipped in the winner at 2:33. It was Tarasenko’s 31st goal, and he has 30 or more in four consecutive seasons.

St. Louis has won a season-best six straight games. San Jose had won eight straight.

Oskar Sundqvist also scored for St. Louis, and Jake Allen made 22 saves.

Evander Kane and Joe Pavelski scored for San Jose. Aaron Dell stopped 29 shots.

DEVILS 4, HURRICANES 3

NEWARK, N.J. (AP) – Stefan Noesen scored on a rebound with 1:33 to play and New Jersey continued its playoff push.

Kyle Palmieri had two goals and an assist and Taylor Hall had three assists for the Devils, who have won three straight and six of eight. Pavel Zacha also scored and Keith Kinkaid, who has supplanted Cory Schneider as the No. 1 goaltender, made 31 saves.

New Jersey extended its lead to three points ahead of idle Florida for the second wild card in the Eastern Conference, with the Panthers having played two fewer games. Carolina is nine points back.

Phil Di Giuseppe, Warren Foegele and Noah Hanifin also scored as the Hurricanes had a three-game winning streak snapped despite taking a 3-2 lead early in the third period. Scott Darling was outstanding making 41 saves, but Carolina’s slim playoff hopes faded a little more.

BLUE JACKETS 7, OILERS 3

EDMONTON, Alberta (AP) – Thomas Vanek had three goals and an assist to lift Columbus over Edmonton.

Artemi Panarin, Boone Jenner, Cam Atkinson and Markus Nutivaara also scored for the Blue Jackets DeShone Kizer Jersey , who have won 11 of 12. Sergei Bobrovsky stopped 22 shots.

Connor McDavid had a goal and two assists, and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and Drake Caggiula also scored for the Oilers, who have lost two straight. Cam Talbot stopped 13 of 18 shots before being replaced by Laurent Brossoit.

Edmonton got on the board 3:37 into the first period when a mix-up behind the net between Bobrovsky and Nutivaara allowed McDavid to steal the puck and send it out front to Nugent-Hopkins for his 22nd of the season. McDavid picked up his 100th point, tying his league-leading total from last year.

RED WINGS 5, PENGUINS 2

DETROIT (AP) – Luke Glendening scored twice, Darren Helm matched his career high with three points and Detroit beat Pittsburgh.

Helm had a goal and two assists, and Frans Nielsen and Niklas Kronwall also scored for Detroit. Jimmy Howard made 22 saves to help the Red Wings win in regulation for the first time since a 3-1 victory over the Carolina Hurricanes on Feb. 24.

Sidney Crosby and Kris Letang scored for the Penguins. Matt Murray stopped 21 shots.

STARS 3, FLYERS 2, OT

DALLAS (AP) – Alexander Radulov scored 40 seconds into overtime as Dallas beat Philadelphia to end an eight-game winless streak.

Tyler Seguin passed from the right side across to Radulov, who beat goalie Petr Mrazek.

The Stars were 0-6-2 during their longest stretch without a win since moving to Dallas in 1993. With five games left, the Stars are five points back for the final playoff berth.

Philadelphia extended its points streak to six games (3-0-3) and remained two points ahead of New Jersey for the Eastern Conference’s top wild card.

ISLANDERS 4, SENATORS 3

OTTAWA, Ontario (AP) – Andrew Ladd scored the tiebreaking goal late in the third period to lift New York over Ottawa.

Anders Lee, Anthony Beauvillier and Brock Nelson also score Youth Arizona Cardinals Jerseys