RE: Shootings across the US

double
Mr Charman,
Shootings all across the US are taking place on a daily bases. Many of these are involving Police Officers who are being killed. It would appear that we live in a giant Government created "pressure cooker" and the lid is blowing off. What do you think?

RE: Shootings across the US

Andy Kopp
Yes Double, It does seem that we are in a pressure cooker caused by too many regulations
which are put upon the people.

RE: Shootings across the US

double
While there are many shootings going on across the country I think the news media is guilty as usual of overblowing things so that Mr. Obama and company can get their gun grabbing hands on law abiding citizens guns. He wont be satisified until this nation falls from within!

RE: Shootings across the US

Andy Kopp
It is interesting to note that as more and more regulations on firearms are discussed the
media is reporting more and more people are buying firearms.The tide is now turning in
favor of firearms ownership.

RE: Shootings across the US

double
Yes,
It is interesting to note that many police are screaming gun control while using a bullhorn in one hand while holding an an M-16 in the other. Doesn't this sound hypocritical of them? I would think these would set the example by turning their guns in first.

RE: Shootings across the US

Andy Kopp
The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution says the "right of the people to
keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."  The Constitution does not differentiate between
 the government and the people.  The right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear arms....

RE: Shootings across the US

double
This is correct. The reason that the framers of the US Constitution gave us the precious RIGHT to KEEP and BEAR arms was as a last resort (after a long train of abuses by any form of government) to be used in conjunction with an armed revolution to break the ties between the people and such government if necessary. Hunting has NOTHING to do with The Right to KEEP and CARRY guns-NOTHING! These are not my ideas but instead the ideas of the Founding Fathers!

RE: Shootings across the US

Andy Kopp
Your knowledge of the founding fathers premise and your insight into their intent is well
stated.

RE: Shootings across the US

double
This brings us to the next point. The mentally ill are born with the same rights as everyone else. We cannot say that those with a mental illness can have some rights and not others. The Bill of Rights INCLUDES EVERYONE or rather ALL FREE MEN ! Remember ALL men are created equal! What is your take on this discriminatory view that the mentally ill should not have the right to keep and carry firearms? What other rights will society take from the mentally ill if we allow such things to pass?

RE: Shootings across the US

Andy Kopp
I don't think the founders excluded the mentally ill from the Second Amendment.  John
Adams, the second President of the United States was mentally ill according to a biography
I read.  To get right to the point, if you can't trust somebody with a firearm don't let them
out of incarceration.  To sum up, It's impossible to create a perfect society.  There will
always be those who fall through the cracks and committ heinous crimes, no matter how
many laws we make.  In this country, The United States of America, we are a land of
laws and not men.  Long Live the Constitution!!!

RE: Shootings across the US

double
Well put, Mr. Chairman. The only error that I see in your post (if you meant it this way) is to say that the mentally ill should be incarcerated.

The reason that the mentally ill are being singled out in this media gun-grabbing debate is because they have no voice in society. The mentally ill are THE most discriminated group of individuals in this nation. In other words the mentally ill are the perfect scapegoats where this issue is concerned.

Which brings us to the next question and this is: what is the definition of "mentally ill"? This is a broad catagory that people need to consider. Someone might see a doctor to be treated for depression and wake up the next morning only to find his right to keep and carry arms no longer exists. This might be the same person that was all for taking away the rights of the mentally ill a few days ago. Remember what goes around goes around. Take away anothers rights and yours will likewise soon be gone also.

RE: Shootings across the US

Andy Kopp
I don't think the founders of the U.S. Constitution necessarily meant that the mentally ill
should be incarcerated just for being mentally ill.  Many mentally ill live productive lives
especially with the help of medical treatment outside of incarceration. In my previous
comment I did not mean that the mentally ill should be locked up just so they can't get a
firearm.  But I believe the framers of the U.S. Constitution did mean that anyone outside
of incarceration should be able to keep and bear arms as a deterant to a tyranical
government should one occur.  Long live the Constitution!!!

RE: Shootings across the US

panpan2523
High quality is always together with high price. So, someone may be afraid of that they cannot afford it. Dear friends, never mind it. Now the entire Toms shoes sale is on a huge discount. These cheap http://tomshere.com/goods-16-Toms-Girl-Canvas-White-Shoes-With-Unque-Design.html  shoes are also made of high quality and nice appearance. Go to the Toms shoes online store and choose your favorite one. And you will be surprised at the high quality and perfect service!